To ride Eroica California, you must have a steel-frame bike of vintage look and feel. Preferably a bike from 1987 or before. The steadfast requirements are as follows:
1) Steel frame bikes; lugged or fillet-brazed**
2) As in 2017, we will allow the Aero-brake levers, they must NOT include the built in shifters.
3) Traditional toe clips or straps. Cleats are not required, clip-less pedals are NOT permitted.
4) Vintage-style apparel; wool kits are encouraged, but not required.
5) No indexed shifters are permitted. Shifters with an index option must use the friction mode.
6) Shifters should be mounted on down tube, stem or bar ends.
** The following 1987 or earlier non-steel frames are permited at Eroica events: Exxon Graftek, Alan Carbonio and Alumino, Teledyne Titan, Vitus Aluminum & early carbon/aluminum lugged frames.
Please visit our Regulation Page for more information.
Please note: Students and active Military personal: Register for $100 from September 15 - April 10th, no period restriction. Upon arrival at the event you must present your student or Military ID to receive the ride number and goodie bag/gifts. If you fail to do so you will be charged with full late entry fee.
Nova Eroica California
Please note: Nova Eroica offers cyclists a chance to experience Eroica California on modern bicycles. This class will be run on the Coastal Route separate from the vintage riders and is limited to the first 200 participants.