To ride Eroica California, you must have a steel-frame bike of vintage look and feel. Preferably a bike from 1987 or before. The steadfast requirements are as follows:
1) Steel frame bikes; lugged or fillet-brazed**
2) New for 2017, we will allow the Aero-brake levers, they must NOT include the built in shifters.
3) Traditional toe clips or straps. Cleats are not required, clip-less pedals are NOT permitted.
4) Vintage-style apparel; wool kits are encouraged, but not required.
5) No indexed shifters are permitted. Shifters with an index option must use the friction mode.
6) Shifters should be mounted on down tube, stem or bar ends.
** The following 1987 or earlier non-steel frames are permited at Eroica events: Exxon Graftek,Allen Carbonio and Alumino, Teledyne Titan, Vitus Aluminum & early carbon/aluminum lugged frames.
Please visit our Regulation Page for more information.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Please note: Students and active Military personal: $100 and this is good from September 15 - April 7, no period restriction. If you are student or active Military personal you may register online at this special rate. Upon arrival at the event you must present a proof (student or Military ID to receive the entry number and goodie bag/gifts. If you fail to do so you will be charged with full late entry fee.